is it legal?

Can someone legally post my minors photo on their facebook site without my permisson?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm, interesting question.
    chellebelle7486

Answer by chellebelle7486 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Did you give this person copies of the pics?
    Did they take copies that were already posted online?
    Did you give explicit instructions that the pics were not to be posted online when you shared the pics?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'm not exactly sure about the legalities of this issue, but I had to deal with someone in the past who put my kids' pictures on her facebook. I was quite upset- even though I had their pics on my facebook, they didn't need to be on hers. My husband kindly sent her a message telling her that he was only going to tell her once, she needed to take the pics off her page immediately and he would use his judgment when it came to his kids. I hate when people do that!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• There are copyright laws. Is the picture yours? Or did she take it?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If she took the pic, legally there is nothing you can do.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No. I had this issue with my ex's girlfriend. She had photos of my middle son up all over her site and I wanted them down. I contacted the site and they took down every photo of my son. Maybe that was Myspace... but it should be the same rules.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• She had taken the photos.. I want them off, and hope legally I can make her do it! I do not want her "exploiting" my child all over the internet.. if she wants to do it to hers on her site, so be it, but my baby is MY baby, and she shouldnt be allowed any rights to her!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If you take the pictures, the pictures are legally yours, and there really isn't much anyone can do about it.
    Unless, she is making profit, using the pictures to advertise, or the pictures are of a pornagraphic nature they aren't considered exploitation. It's her personal page.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Make sure your photo settings are to friends only. Then make sure this person is not on your friend list.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• have you asked her to take them down? Maybe if you sent her a message and told her that she would. Otherwise you could contact facebook and they might take them down. That would tick me off if someone posted pics of my child online and I didn't want them up there!!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010