I understand people get depressed but seriously ???

I'm not bashing anyone. I want to make that clear. It seems as over the past couple of weeks there have been a few suicide post. The people mostly post under Anon. I understand this too...... to a certain point. I mean if your bummed out...plz vent and let it out...but if you are talking about suicide please understand people on this site can't help you ...we have Mothers..Mothers to be and grandmothers here....I know the suicide post the other day was stressful for me. I have no idea who the person was...but they seemed to have some real anger issues...I pray they sought help! I personally feel like this is not the place to post suicide notes, forgive my bluntness.... Should CM have a section for resources with women in need or who need help? I'm just asking. I in no way am bashing here...just concerned and asking your opinion. (Should CM put up a resource section or is CM not a place for that?)

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• There are ways to track them down... Cafemom has that ability. I beleive if someone really believes a person is truly suicidal then the staff needs to be contacted and the person in question tracked down and police called to intervene.

Suicide is not something to toy with. It takes a split second for someone to turn the wrong direction.
    I have had suicidal issues in my past but am free of it now thank God but it is a horrific place to be in when you feel like the whole world is caving in and no one seems to care! All they are looking for is someone to love them and help them back on their feet. for me personally I turned to Jesus. For others it may be something else but they are craving to be loved! That is the bottom line!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Generally, most people who post or discuss suicide are not actually going to commit suicide. The discussion of it, in SOME cases, is a cry for attention, but it's often a cry for help. In either case, anyone mentioning thoughts of suicide should always be taken seriously, because it's impossible to tell, especially at first glance, whether the person is actively considering suicide or simply wants attention.

Moms can get depressed too, and I find the idea that people who are seriously depressed and reaching out for help are not welcome because it might "stress others out" to be dismissive at best, and at worst, could be the final dismissal a suicidal person needs to confirm their own worthlessness and the validity of their decision.

Certainly, any site that claims it is here to lend emotional support and educational services to *any* group of people should offer resources or at the least links TO resources
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Thats a good idea, they should have a direct Help Line!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If someone is suicidal, I really don't care if they post it under Shopping. I'm glad they are crying out for help somewhere. If you think it's stressful for you to see, imagine how they must be feeling! No offense intended at all hun! It's just a touchy subject. And it doesn't take much to set someone off to make the worst choice ever.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i saw that the other day.....where the question asked "would you rather slit your wrist or down a bottle of pills"..i was fixing to answer it in my sarcastic manner..until i saw the person was serious. very sad. I had nothing to say to them....for many reasons. I probably wouldve had my account deleted
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i said i was fixing to ...the title was WYR. Of course..i would rather down a bottle of pills! Who would want the pain of slitting their wrist..but then when i opened the question i started reading that she was a cutter...and i wasnt even gonna go there then. ..i wasnt gonna say "oh yeah, i would down a bottle"..get me?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think this would be a great idea for this site, why don't you pass it along to the administrators.

Answer by older at 6:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think that if their are women on here who are posting about suicide that CM shouldn't definitely have a place for resources...also it would be good if the woman let people know who they are so that people can reach out to them. it is kind of hard to help someone when you don't know their name....
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 6:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• But yes, it would be good to shoot some resources to them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010