I dont know if the two have anything in common but adult content

When i started my blood pressure meds labarbatol (sp) every time i blow my nose about 4 times a day nothing but blood comes out. Clots, dry, its weird. Could it be caused from my blood pressure meds? Is is something serious? Im 26 weeks pregnant

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 6:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Bloody nose is common in pregnancy regardless of medications. Your ok I believe.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I am sure it is because of the BP meds, did you read the side effects of the medication (it should have come with the RX) bloody noses are pretty common with certain BP meds
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• whenever I was about 17 weeks pregnant, I had constant nose bleeds for almost a week! Then again later in pregnancy. Due to hormone changes, your nasal cavities in general can become dry, with the blood vessels growing larger *pop*.

So, sleep with a humidifier or take a nice hot shower every night :)
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 6:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• maybe the air in you house is dry. get a humidifier
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• ask the doc next time you go in but it could very well just be the typical preggo nose bleeds. My got so bad for a bit that I was just walking around with toilet paper waded up in my nostrils.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 10:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010