im pms'ing today and my kids are getting on my last nerve.. i know its not their fault but how do you handle it during "that time"?

this irritability only lasts for about two days and then my period comes. im really easily agitated when i'm pms'ing.. i don't have pmd or anything i just have a short fuse and every tiny thing annoys me. my 10 month old today skipped her afternoon nap, no matter what i did she would not go to sleep. so she's in a fussy mood too and now has to wait til bedtime to go to sleep, it's too early. my 23 month old kicks and squirms when i change her diaper, and today i got poop all over me, her, and her bed. then my 4 year old asks the same question a hundred times and i hate repeating myself! it's just been one of those days! how do you keep from taking your hormonal outbursts out on your little ones, or other loved ones who don't deserve it? or am i just a shitty mom for being this way? :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Aw, I feel for you. I get bad PMS too. Be glad when the period finally ends for good! Are you sure you don't have a mood disorder that has never been diagnosed? It's more common than you think and sometimes around the cycle it gets worse. I would talk to your doctor. As far as not losing control, count to 10, take a deep breath and tell yourself this too shall pass. It always does. It's hard to stay cheerful when you have PMS and little ones. Hang in there. Good luck.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2010