Do you try to do your own home repairs before calling a professional?

Hello, everyone! It's Sheri from CafeMom's new Home & Garden Buzz blog.

Just wanted to let you know that HGTV's handsome handyman, Anthony Gilardi is answering home repair questions just for CafeMoms for the next few weeks. This week, anyone can ask a question over in Home & Garden Daily Buzz.

This is FREE access to a home repair professional. Come take advantage!

Cafe Sheri

Asked by Cafe Sheri at 4:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Home & Garden

• We usually try to do it ourselves first. This weekend we just so happen to be installing laminate flooring in our downstairs. I can't wait!!! We've done small things like installing faucets and installing lighting fixtures, but nothing as big as flooring. Wish us luck!!
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Despite my husband being a mechanic, he is NOT a good handyman...thus we always call friends or pay if we have to! Seeing as my fence is STILL down three years after Hurricane Katrina...u can see where my husband's honey do list is!
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 10:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008