Criminal Charges

how come a child killer/pedophilles or rapist gets lest time in prison that a person who drug deals or robs..
i ask cuz my friend said if they were to give pedophille life or stiffer punishment then the guys higher up in the government would get caught also..he says it goes beyond the regular citizens..he said that alot of ppl in Congress an even the White House are doin this..something like Cults..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 6:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you think that is bad then you should read this newspaper clipping about a guy who got 20 years for being behind in his child support. Heres the link....
    http://www.bloggernews.net/111673
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The judicial system suck in some sentencing, don't fit the crime.

Answer by older at 6:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Because our government is stupid and our justice system fails us.

Here's a story about a teen who killed herself after being bullyed. She was being picked on because she accused a boy who raped her, of rape!

His charges were dropped. She got no justice.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/10/samantha-kelly-suicide-rape-charge-dropped_n_781955.html
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 6:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• There definately needs to be stiffer sentences for pedophiles.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Our government was developed by humans. Humans aren't perfect, so neither is the system. Unfortunatley sometimes justice isn't always served up the way we see fit. It's a hard part of life. Personally I see child killers are getting the death penalty where I come from..and pediphiles can get pretty much life sentences. I have seen cases where they get 45 years. Same with rapists.
    And if that statement was totally true, why are there so many repeat drug dealers on the street still? Why are there people still robbing houses and banks, that were let out to do so again?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• im reading these now..but if any body know of the article of the lil boys who were snacthed off the of city while delivering papers bout 20-25 yrs back..he mentioned it but doesnt know the name of the states or boys name..i would love to read the articles..
    brief descipt of the story m/b someone call help me out..young men were snatched while delivering papers..the parents were sent pics of the kids doin many lewd acts with each other an adult males..something bout them being scaraficed in occults an sent to the White House a sex toys for Congressman..i not sure of the actual articles but 1 of the moms an website yrs but the government kept trying to shut it dn cuz it was exsposing the pedophillia in Congress..if any kinda know what im talking bout plz i really want to read it..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• @ musicmom..i have seen many people get life sentences or life..but get out with time served or good behaivor/model citizens clauses in the judicial system...tho i cant understand why the 3 strikes or rockerfeller law can still apply to drug dealers but there is no 3 strikes law for pedophellia @ least not that i have read of in my criminology law books..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• the 3 strikes law doesn't apply to drug dealing. It' only applies to all crimes commited against another person, such as burglary, theft, fraud, etc. And pedophelia and violent crimes ARE included in that. I think you are misunderstanding something here. I am very informed on the 3 strike laws and it's policies due to the incarceration of a loved one. And I don't feel that sorry for them. If they know they could get life in prison for their crimes, why knowingly commit the crime again? They make the choice.
    They don't get out on time served or good behavior in prison, they are granted parole by certain conditions. If they are sentenced to life, time served is when they die. The manson family all are model prisoners, and they are still rotting in prison.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• drug dealing does have a 3 strikes law for herion,crack..my god brother has life in prision for getting caught for the distribution of Crack with intent to distribute..he has life in prision,,tho i dont feel sorry for him..but that what the lawyer read down as one of the acts it was filed under..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Our justice system constantly fails us.... I got beat multiple times by the father of my child and called the police... he was never arrested... and one time I was since he had a "scratch" on his arm because I finally defended myself... now I'm getting out and he stole everything from me and is making me out to be the bad guy... He is a foot taller and 100lbs bigger than me... so obviously he can overpower me... I have no faith in our system anymore
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010