This might sound crazy, but...

We've been trying to conceive our second baby for just 2 months now. We have a 16 month old who I still nurse about 3 to 4 times a day. I got my period in August for 2 days...then 30 days later I got another and 36 days later I got one in October. I didn't expect that my period would be regular but when it didn't show up last month until day 36, I kept taking pregnancy tests...my nipples were sore, I was (and still am) craving sweet things and had a metallic taste in my mouth that I remembered from my first pregnancy. But, a period came and so that was that. I wasn't pregnant. Yesterday,I bumped in to someone in Macy's who wished me congratulations and I was mortifed and told her that no, I was not pregnant. On top of it, my husband looked at my stomach and asked if I was sure there wasn't a baby cooking?? Could what I thought was a period on October 25th not have been? Would nursing throw off a home pregnancy test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would go to DR for a blood test.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• id take a test @ your doctors its possible it can and every woman is different as well.
    kyliemaynard

Answer by kyliemaynard at 6:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Nursing will not throw off a pregnancy test. I am nursing my 16 month old and TTC as well. I just ovulated for the first time two weeks ago and I started my first post partum period 4 days ago.

It can take time for your cycle to get to a normal, stable place. It can take time for the prolactin to lower to a stable level and progesterone raised to a stable level. It's completely normal for your periods to be all over the place for a few months.

If the test was negative you are probably not pregnant. If you think you still might be then wait a week and take a test. Chances are your hormones are just out of wack, it's causing a little weight gain or bloating, and things are all over the place. Just give it time. It will get better.

In the meantime you can take Fertility Blend to help even things out.
    Anonymous

• you should go to your doctor and get checked because it looks like you don't have a set cycle yet therefore,anything can happen. My dear you may be pregnant. be blessed.
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2010