my baby is exactly 1 year would you stop the formula and use whole milk bottles or do i continue for a few more weeks. I'm out of formula at this point

a few more weeks. I am out formula...?

rOEY802

Asked by rOEY802 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-10 Credits)
  • Try milk and see how he or she likes it. If they take to it well, just I'd just stick with that, but if they don't like it maybe get a little more formula and try weaning him or her onto milk.
    AnnabellsMommy

Answer by AnnabellsMommy at 7:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would just buy another small formula and start mixing it with the whole milk. That's what I had to do with my son because he didn't like the change. Eventually you just decrease the amount of formula and increase the amount of whole milk.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 7:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Have you introduced cow's milk at all yet? You could try it, baby may or may not take it. Keep in mind though, that cow's milk isn't NECESSARY. If your child is eating a balanced diet, usually including one or two servings of dairy (yogurt, cheese, etc) water is fine for hydration. It happens that cow's milk is a convienent source of some vitamins, but as I said, no one needs to drink cow's milk, so don't stress if he doesn't like it.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• just go for the milk....your baby may make a face the 1st time, but they will get over it quick. I just threw all 3 of mine right to the milk and they did just fine!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If I remember, I mixed them so that he ended up switching gradually.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• By daugher is 10 months and she is breastfed. But i've already introduced cows milk with her diet, she loves the taste. If you switch to cows milk just make sure he/she gets all her nutrition he/she needs in other foods. You can also try Almond Milk, its much healthier
    Veronica-Lynn

Answer by Veronica-Lynn at 8:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You can do cows milk. I would recommend getting atleast 1 more can of formula so you can introduce the milk a little slower if you can. But at 1 they are safe to have cows milk :) Try offering it in a cup instead of bottle too is baby will use a cup. That way the formula and bottles go at the same time and she associates milk with a cup and its an easy transition. Thats what i did and it worked well. I Never put milk in his bottle, just formula and the milk was always in a cup and when he was 12 months and 2 days and his last can of formula was gone i tossed out the bottle too. He never cried for it once :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010