My 6 month old daughter is teething help what is the trick i cant get her to sleep or stop crying. i dont know what to do?

innocentmama

Asked by innocentmama at 4:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my daughter was teething I used to take a wash cloth, get it damp, seal it in a baggie, and throw it in the freezer for awhile. Then I would remove it from the baggie and let her have at it. She would go crazy because it was soft enough for her to chew on that it didn't hurt and the cold helped numb her gums. When she got a little older I would let her chew on a freeze pop.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• tylonel
    Anonymous

• this may sound odd but I gave my son frozen waffles and I also let him chew on a bag of frozen peas.
    Anonymous

• I know of people putting pacifiers in the freezer and their child loved it. But my best method was the wash cloth.
    Felicia1603

Answer by Felicia1603 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The pain is caused by the inflamation. While teethers will break the tooth through the gum...they won't eliminate the inflamation. So, I've found the best thing for pain to be alternating Infant's Tylenol and Infant's Motrin every 4 hours. You will notice them getting a little uncomfortable when that 4 hours is up. The less uncomfortable they get, then you can start to eliminate some of the doses.
    pinkjeannie311

Answer by pinkjeannie311 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would use the tylenol and motrin as well as the cold wash cloth. My dd loved chewing on the frozen wash cloth and the tylenol and motrin kept the pain from being so bad.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008