Any recipe/cook book ideas for the worlds worst cook?

My cooking experience is slim to none, mac n cheese and bologna sandwiches. Any super simple ideas on how to broaden my horizons at dinner time?

AnnabellsMommy

Asked by AnnabellsMommy at 6:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Try allrecipes.com I love that site. Anything I want to make is on there, and then some! They have ratings too! So I don't have to worry if it sucks or not! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I was going to suggest allrecipes.com too, I'm new in the kitchen so it's pretty awesome. You can list ingredients and it'll give you recipes with those ingredients in it and ish, I LOVE IT!!! lol
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 7:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I LOVE allrecipes.com

They have the best recipes and if you read the reviews they always have great tips to make every meal the best meal! Plus the website has lots of articles and cooking tips for the beginner. It is free to join and you can compile a recipe box for all your favorite recipes. I print out all my recipes off there and put them in a binder and have my own cookbook from just their site! Everyone thinks I am some sort of gourmet cook and my skills started just like your when I found that site!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Thanks everyone! I'm checking it out right now and finding some great ideas.
    AnnabellsMommy

Comment by AnnabellsMommy (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Start with a great kids cookbook, like Pretend Soup. Once you have mastered the basics, move on to something a bit more challenging. I love anything by Nava Atlas.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Cooking for Dummies. Also, the original Betty Crocker cookbook.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Join a cooking group, here on cafemom. Cooking 101 is a good one.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010