hot teas

if i have hot tea that is caffeine free can i drink it to help soothe my throat i am sick and feel like crap... i know certain hot tea's you cant drink when your pregnant

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 7:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on what the tea contains. There are certain herbs used in tea that are contra-indicated during pregnancy. Pesonally, I would recommend rooibos tea, It's naturally caffeine-free and high in anti-oxidants.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'd rather have caffeine than risk a herb tea that has something in it that could cause miscarriage.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You can have decaf tea with lemon n honey that will soath your throat, drink it couple time a day. I also heard peppermint tea is good
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, drink tea. Anything you can buy in a major grocery store in the Tea section will be find for pregnancy.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yes tea is fine.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• green tea with some lemon and honey would be great.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I soak 1 large teabag with 4 mugs worth of water. I'd rather feel like I'm getting my full quota of tea than injest that must caffeine daily!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010