Son's teacher tells little white lies!!!

My son is in first grade and I feel his teacher tells lies all the time...from why she didn't help him open his snack and why she charges play money for too many potty breaks, she is always saying in emails to me stuff that he said and he is almost in tears as to why she is lying about him. It's always a he said she said story, and for it to be a constant issuse ONLY with HER it makes me lean toward my son really is telling the truth.

Do I keep my mouth shut or punch her in her face as I feel like doing? jk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in

• ROFL...Punch her in the face!!!!!

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Ok, more seriously though, I think you should talk to the principal
    MommyH2

• If you question the validity of reasons for saying/doing the things she is.......

Then call for a parent-teacher conferance and you, your child and her all sit down together and discuss these things all together. If all of you are sitting and addressing these things together you are more likely to get an accurate picture/ideal of what is really going on. Right now, you are really looking at "child said-teacher said" situation without knowing the meat in the middle so to say. Address the issues all 3 of you together, and you will know who is lying, who isn't, if both are stretching the truth, etc.....
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't understand why the teacher is lying I would want to punch her in the face for not being a professional
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Just keep in mind--that there is always the possibilty that she not lying.
    As a teacher, I get a lot of phone calls demanding to know why I did something to someone's precious angel. 99% of the time, the child twisted the story.
    I'm not saying that it is the case in this instance, but, there is the possibility.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I do keep a very open mind, I cant say she is 100% in the wrong, as I will never know for sure.

I once confronted her in front of the counselor and she kinda changed her story a bit. She is a tough teacher and just never likes to be wrong at all. I also dislike the fact that she is so young and has zero kids she just never seems too motherly and has high expectations for 6 year olds. I have to say, sometimes I appreciate(but dont love) the fact that she is tough and never gives a second warning to the kids.....my son has become much more responsible this school year.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We had a problem with my son's 1st grade teacher handing out tickets as rewards and then telling the students that they had to PAY with tickets earned to use the restroom. Tried talking with the teacher and the principal and all we got was attitude, well we had our attorney file a complaint with the district in order for my son to use the restroom without have to pay with tickets. Now she whines that she was reprimanded by the district and says that's not fair. Any Teacher that charges a child to use the restroom whether it's tickets or real money needs to be called on the carpet. Let's call it what it is "extortion" and it should not be happening in our schools. Call for a meeting with the Teacher and Principal and let them know that the teacher is not being a positive influence and her behavior needs to change. To charge for any potty breaks is unacceptable.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Have a conference with the teacher and your child. The story is probably being "twisted" a bit by the teacher, your child, and your interpretation of it. Unless you are in the classroom you will never know the exact truth.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Call the principal and report her. You need to have a meeting with the principal and teacher. Her behavior is unacceptable.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010