barium sulfate

help! i am having a ct scan in the morning i have to drink 2 bottles of barium sulfate, one tonight and one tomarrow. the one tonight i am gettting through because i can have other stuff with it, but tomarrows i can only have water. anyone have any tips on how to get through it? i dont think just chugging will help, but maybe a shot glass and gulp water between my shots?

tiffanyv123

Asked by tiffanyv123 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• I kow this sounds weird but I have gastroparesis, and have been through these many times and my friend who likes to take shots of liquor wanted me to do one and I don't like whiskey so he said take a sip of juice keep it in ur mouth and shoot the whiskey and hold ur breath and swallow. Well yoou can try it with water a shot glass and that yuky stuff!! Good luck to you sweetie!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yeah the water in between would be better than nothing! thats wat i had to do when i did that test thing while pregnant when u drink that nasty stuff!! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I drank a couple ounces of the barium then took a sip of water, just continued that pattern until I had drunk it all.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• just drink it down , its important so just do it
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2010