anyone work a night shift? if you so happen to have a child(ren) toddler age or under...please read?

I asked a similar question earlier. I have an interview tomorrow for toys r us, shift will be 10pm-6am, 15-20 hours a week. My son is 2, wakes up early, and I think he's about done with naps....if you are/were in this situation, how did you do it? Did your body adjust? Did you sleep for a few hours before your shift started?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• when my son was a toddler i danced..and most nights i would even get drunk (i'm not proud of that) but i would go into work at 8 pm right after my son was laying down for bed and i would get home in the middle of the night (usually 4am)..i would get about 3 hours of sleep before my son would wake up. I would wake up get him a sippy and some cherios or a pop tart and put him in the floor or either back in bed with me with cartoons on for another 2 hours until we "woke up"..when he started getting tired of the cartoons and bored thats when i got up out of bed. That was our lifestyle then.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I LOVED working Mid shift!!! My body definately adjusted, but I needed one of my days off to just sleep! Don't let your LO give up those naps! Even if he doesn't sleep make sure he lies down & knows it's "quiet time" Put him in a safe place & set a timer for 1 hour & lay down & rest! I bet after a week of that he will nap again & you might be able to push that timer to a bit longer.
    Good Luck!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 12:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2010