Weekly Diaper Costs

How much do you spend on diapers in a week?

I'm looking into a cloth diaper service which says they provide everything diaper related including delivering and picking up the diapers weekly for $23.00/wk. (Doesn't include baby wipes.) I would use natural disposables, which cost a little more than conventional, if I didn't use this service.

How does $23/wk compare to what you spend on diapers and things? Also, do any of you use natural disposable diapers?

FrunchyMama

Asked by FrunchyMama at 4:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have two kids one in diapers one in pullups. we spend $23? wkly on them and we buy a big box of like 3-4 hundred wipes for $8 they last 1-2m
    so weekly about $25 for 2 including wipes.
    Anonymous

• I havent had to buy any diapers yet and my baby is 4 months...lol.... Thank heavens for a wonderful baby shower.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 4:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• We buy ours from sams club and a big box lasts us a month. It evens out to a little less than $10 a week.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I spend 10 dollars a week on diposable diapers for my twin boys who are now 4 months old. I spend about 5 dollars a week for my 2 yr old who is not potty trained.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I use Pampers Cruisers and spend a little under 22 dollars a week. [a huge pack is 22 dollars and they last about 10 days.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I couldn't give you an exact number, but it's definitely much cheaper than that! We're still on our first case of wipes (I think it was around 600), and he's two-months-old. As far as the diapers go, I received a couple packages as shower gifts so I haven't had to buy a ton. I think the case of size ones I bought lasted close to a month! I use Swaddlers, and I guess I'm not sure where they lie in the price area, whether they're cheap or expensive. Mommies?

I had some natural diapers in the beginning...I don't remember the brand, it was from Target. They seemed to work as well as any of the others, though there were two things that were different: 1) you couldn't stick them closed when you wrapped them up, the sticky stuff would only stick to the waistband, and 2) you could see the dark (poopy) areas through them more (they didn't leak, but you could just see that it was dirty--not so cute!).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh, and ALWAYS use a coupon. Even if it's just $2 off a package, it's going to add up eventually! You can find them almost anywhere, and people will probably start giving them to you!
    KatieCrandall

• I have a two year old who is potty training she uses 1 or 2 pullups a day and 1 diaper at night. we spend about 20 dollars every two months on diapers and 10 dollars on pullups a month wipes are about 11 dollars for every 4-5 months.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh I forgot to add that I use parents choice wipes I buy the big box, Huggies diapers, and white cloud pullups.
    lovemybabys1106

• Twins--Luvs - $18.00 diapers/week about 16 diapers per day and 1-1/2 packages of the Parent's Choice baby wipes. I also buy the large box of baby wipes. Use them for wiping faces, my hands and little bottoms. So....about $20.00 per week--no more for two babes.
    badvsewingrrl

Answer by badvsewingrrl at 7:39 PM on Nov. 3, 2008