Wonder if Cody Alicea (boy w/ flag on bicycle) ever saw this coming?

How cool is this? Bet he never saw this coming...

American Legion Riders (and others) escorted Cody to school this morning...with flags on their bikes too..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 7:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Those of us that have an open mind, care about a great deal- LOTS of POINTS....................not limited or 1 track- The world is full of color not just white or black
    _____________________
    the American flag is not white or black. It claims no color. It belongs to every person here on American soil, regardless of race. I have an open mind...I don't care about color, but no one should be told to put the symbol of our great nation away. Ever.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Who CARES about the Cinco De Mayo flag! This is the U.S.A. Do you NOT understand that!! THE USA flag should ALWAYS be able to be flown IN THIS COUNTRY!! NO MATTER WHAT! It PISSES of a group of (supposed) American citizens is INSANE! Were these kids MEXICAN first?? Culture or NOT this is ridiculous! My family came from Spain. I would NEVER EVER EVER expect to fly the flag of Spain and cause problems for OTHER AMERICANS by calling them RACIST over flying the flag of THIS COUNTRY. I am absolutely FLOORED by this mentality of some of you!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• As soon as I saw this I knew exactly who would be negative on this question and I was right.lol

What a great experience for the boy. Too bad so many are negative when it comes to our flag. If the school was worried about fights over the flag they should have dealt with the students causing the problems and fighting rather than ask him to keep his flag at home.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 8:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The flyover wouldn't have cost anything. This type of thing is actually quite common. It only requires a change of the flightplan.

It amazes me how little regard some of you have for the flag and what it reprents. I truly pity you.

As far as the school is concerned.....they need to get their Hispanic problem under control. If there is a big enough issue then some kids need to be expelled.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Months ago the KIDS said the MEDIA ATTENTION was making the situation worse,,,,

Do you think the kids at the school where the lesbian was not allowed to goto prom felt the same way? Fighting for what is right can create attention... The school needs to respect other kids RIGHTS. All of them.. Or is it only acceptable when it is a cause YOU believe in...  We get it~ you don't believe in Freedom of expression in the eyes of a middle school child... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• What a cool experience for a kid his age.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• and a fly over...Which cost us how many thousands??

Shows what you know... Those planes HAVE to fly anyway in order to get hours/training.... At most, they had to get FAA flight pattern approval change for the air space... No additional cost... Same as it would have cost to do their routine flying....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Kids have Constitutional Rights. Instead of treating Cody like a criminal and denying him rights~ they should establish a zero-tolerance policy towards the threats. By telling him he could NOT fly his flag, they are letting the bullies who supposedly made threats to the school~ win. Is that the message the school should to send? The Constitution protects the right to freedom of speech...
    This school is sending a message that one (any ONE) can use a flag as a threat. A flag is NOT a threat. All should be respectful of other people's flags// <--- That should be the message the school and parents dedicate themselves to teach... The message shouldn't be, make threats and you win.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• THATS AWESOME!! AMAZING! How cool for him!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• THAT is awesome!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010