Regarding Obama, can any of you tell me what specific "changes" you think he will make, and when?

I am very concerned, fearful and even sick to my stomach thinking about what an Obama presidency would be like. He has been very clear about changing the National Anthem, the American Flag, the Constitution, the economy, our energy policy, it goes on and on- today he said clearly he wants to destroy the coal industry. Even re-distributing wealth; sure, handouts sound good to you, free checks to pay bills so you won't have to work, free food, insurance, health care, S.S., , but it's not going to be given to everybody, right? Somebody goin to have to pay for it, you can't just print $$- you have to be poor to be able to get that stuff and he's going to pay for it all by making everybody else poor. We are middle class steeped in debt, just lost $40+ grand on the "crisis" (401k) struggling. I'm sick about if he wins that we will be beaten down to a pulp.Jeez, what's happening to our country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• You need to go to a more reliable information source than Cafe Mom. All you get here are rumors and bull poop. Try Obama's website, factcheck.com, etc. Hell, google Obama and find some real information to use to cast your vote. Just make sure you don't vote based on what you've heard here because what you've said above is a bunch of crap people are spewing about which amounts to nothing but scare tactics.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• But what if it's not a scare tactic? What will you do then?
    Anonymous

• I think you need to look at what you call a handout!

Mom's from the 50's-60's were stay at home mom's who paid no taxes. Most are collecting Soc. Sec. and medicare, my mother is one of them. What should we do with these free loader, put granny out on the street? Wheel her wheel chair to Walmart and tell her to work for 30 years till she deserves it. What about all the Presidents that gaves the checks? Is McCain going to stop their checks?

What about the lady that has 3-4 kids that get a nice Child credit, and ones without kids that don't. Why should one get money for laying in bed having sex?

How about me, I have never use a morgage on my taxes for a tax break. Always bought with in my means. Paid for my houses in cash. Why should someone that buys on a morgage get a break and I don't, why do they get a handout for buying above their means?

Things will never be fair to everyone.

Anonymous

• I've done my research on reliable web sites, new stations, reading, etc. They are scare tactics and if you're research consists of reading posts on Cafe Mom and looking at YouTube videos then I feel real scared about who YOU'RE voting for - the wrong man I fear. 

I know what I want out of the next four years and I know what to do to bring that change one vote closer to fruition. If you are going to hide your head in the sand because of some ridiculous rhetoric someone is chanting on a social network site, then please do not vote because it will be a wasted vote for the man who does not care about you and your 401k. It will be the man who will carry on with failed Bush policies.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh my...get your panties out of a wad. Obama does not care about you or anyone else.
    Anonymous

• Maybe the $5000.00 Per Second we spend on war will help, when he gets us out. Maybe if the top 4% gave up one of their vacations or one of their numerous houses and paid a little tax for once it will help too. After all Bush made the rich the richest in History. With the housing the way it is they got extra money anyway. I heard them talk how cheap appartments are going for in NY, only 4-6 million dollars now instead of the normal 30-40 million they were paying for a park view a year ago. I feel so bad for them trying to live in a 40 million dollar hut.
    Anonymous

• Here is what I think ::he he he:: OBAMA will (IMO) CHANGE
    ( his position on...)

Coal more times then ever before he decides not to explore Clean Coal options (just as he will with Nuclear Energy)

Infantcide, again

Decriminalization of marijuana (just as he did in 2004 (for) and then voted against in 2008)

Lowering the income of those who have to pay tax to $80,000 Illegal Imigration AGAIN (as he did between 2004 and 2008. Again in 2004, he said those making over 80,000 should pay, but has raised it... for now...

Will probably change his hard-nosed end-the-war stance to one of "we will have to stay the course" ideal that McCain has been stating all along...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Like McCain cares for the average person. He wants to give corporate a big tax break. After all they have it soooooo rough living in a 30-40 million dollar appartment. I wouldn't live in something that cheap would you? Ya right, I really feel sorrrrrrrrry for them. Specially when they have to work all day till 5:00 Monday-Friday. We are so lucky, we get to work 2 jobs and don't have to worry about being bored on the weekend because we don't get them. I have been on 1 vacation in 28 years, thats living!!!
    Anonymous

• OMG even when the Obamanites defend their candidate they send them to his websites for a fact checked your are frickin kidding me right?? Then they debunk everything else...WTH???? We'll you question him when he does some of the things he has said like block legislation giving medical attention to live birth abortions, dare don't call them a child that would be murder. How about when he raises the middle class taxes and gives more to those that don't even pay in on taxes. A person could go on and on but it is pointless you all want to believe so badly you don't care.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• And BTW where the hell do you think Obama's kids go to school and where the heck do you think he lives? And BTW what specifically is he going to do other than spout off he's going to do it and just believe it. He has no I repeat NO track record.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:56 PM on Nov. 3, 2008