breathing/sleeping ????

my 3week old sleeps fine during the day very peacful, but at night she squirms and whines, spits up out her nose and sounds like shes about to choke.. what can i do???

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 7:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• elevate the head end of where she sleeps from underneith the mattress or put something underneath to elevate some , making sure she can sleep flat on her back
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would lay her on her side, back against the crib or something sturdy. I was always scared to lay my dd on her back because of that reason. So i always kept her on her side, but if you do make sure you switch sides everytime so it keeps her head in formation. They sell these "wedges" at Wal-mart and stores like that to keep your baby in one place, that way you can have her on her side and she will be totally fine. It was a lovely gift for me.
    Veronica-Lynn

Answer by Veronica-Lynn at 8:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would talk to the Pediatrician about it, but elevating and putting a humifer in the room would help too.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2010