Does it seem as though after you started staying home and raising your children, your husband thinks you are not as smart as you once were?

mammabowen

Asked by mammabowen at 4:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• No, but I felt myself getting dumber the 2 years I stayed at home! Too much goo goo gaga for me!!
    Anonymous

• lol... I agree. I feel dumber too. Not enough stimulating conversation, I guess.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My husband treats me like im stupid he even calls me it every once in awhile. I told him if he doesnt quit tho im leaving him. I know im not stupid and i think it's awsome that you ladies stay home and take care of your children. It takes alot to raise a child even when there's more than one lol
    Anonymous

• DH doesn't think that, but I sort of do. LOL Lack of real adult conversation (which explains my sick attachement to cafemom) has drastically reduced my lexicon and critical thinking skills....but I can sing silly songs now......
    Anonymous

• yes. i like to prove it every once in a while by letting him take the lead on some common problem. When he's given up, i step in and fix it with no problem. I also let him flounder with his problems before i step in to help him. It's not that I'm trying to make him suffer, but he has issues deciding which socks to wear (not kidding) and i need to make him a bit more independent.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 5:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• luckily my hubby realizes he's got a genius at home. But no seriously I feel not quite as intelligent as I once was, I keep getting the jepordy questions wrong, lol. I guess I should start reading more intellectual books again rather then recent best sellers.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 5:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• no my husband and i are both exactly the same. both smart and dumb in some areas. we are the perfect pair. we laugh about it all the time.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• No, and if he ever thought for a second that I was not his eaqual he would have some hefty explaining to do.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008