Are there any Mothers who would like to help me?

I'm in the process of writing my first research paper...on "Teenage Pregnancy"! If there are any mothers who had children young that would like to help me, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

I want to ask Moms:
- Did you have to make sacrifices?
- If so, what sacrifices did you make and why?
- Was the Father of the child supportive? How did he support his family?
- Did you work during pregnancy?
- If so, what did you do? How long did you work?
- How soon after labor did you begin working again?
- Did you go to school during pregnancy? Did you drop out, graduate or get did you get your GED?
- Did you enroll in College?
- If so, what did you decide to major in? Did you stick to it?
- Do you have more children now?
- Do you feel like you've been able to live up to your full potential despite having a child so young?

Please try to answer all 11 questions! I would really love to hear from you!! Thanks

queeeeeenb

Asked by queeeeeenb at 8:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Did you have to make sacrifices? YES
    - If so, what sacrifices did you make and why? My entire social life
    - Was the Father of the child supportive? How did he support his family? No they wanted to pay for me to have an abortion
    - Did you work during pregnancy? yes
    - If so, what did you do? How long did you work? Daycare until she was about to pop out
    - How soon after labor did you begin working again? 6 weeks
    - Did you go to school during pregnancy? Did you drop out, graduate or get did you get your GED? I was already done with school never did get to go to college.
    - Did you enroll in College? No
    - Do you have more children now? YES
    - Do you feel like you've been able to live up to your full potential despite having a child so young? MAYBE. It turned out okay in the end. I got married a year after she was born to a good man. We had baby together 10 months later
    Anonymous

• - Did you have to make sacrifices?
    Yes
    - If so, what sacrifices did you make and why? Could not just be a student. Had responsibilities.
    He worked and supported us.
    - Did you work during pregnancy?
    No, I did go to college.
    I went to work when the baby was three weeks old.
    I was taking college classes. I did not complete the classes when I was pregnant. I was sick morning, noon and night.
    - Did you enroll in College?
    I went back to school when the baby was a year old and graduated with a BA
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• - Do you have more children now?
    I had three more children. four total.
    - Do you feel like you've been able to live up to your full potential despite having a child so young. I do not feel that I was limited because of the child. More because of allowing husbands to limit me.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I will answer although I was 19 and finished high school and one year of college. I was still way to young to have a child.
    1- Yes- I had no money and I lost some friends and a social life
    2- He was somewhat supportive but very distant too. He did financialy help but did not help much in other ways.
    3- Yes at a restaurant for all of my pregnancy expept the last month, they were concerned about me being on my feet so much so the doc wrote me out early
    4- 1 yr later
    5 I was already finished school and one year of Business College I did not return to school after the baby was born
    6 Yes 5 years later I had a boy and now foster my cousin as well
    7 Yes but I miss what my 20's could have been and I struggled in so many ways, no regrets however
    stamm

Answer by stamm at 8:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• - Did you have to make sacrifices? yes
    - If so, what sacrifices did you make and why? i had planned to enter the US Air Force, but decided to change my plans.
    - Was the Father of the child supportive? How did he support his family? Not at first. His mom sent him away.
    - Did you work during pregnancy? finished JR year of HS
    - If so, what did you do? How long did you work? ^^
    - How soon after labor did you begin working again? 2 weeks after she was born, went back to HS
    - Did you go to school during pregnancy? yes, graduated 3rd in class.
    - Did you enroll in College?yes
    - If so, what did you decide to major in? yes, i became a nurse when she was 3 y/o (was prego again in nursing school after a rape)
    - Do you have more children now? yes
    - Do you feel like you've been able to live up to your full potential despite having a child so young? i think i surpassed my original potential IN SPITE OF having her so early.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 8:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• - Did you have to make sacrifices? YES
    - If so, what sacrifices did you make and why? While my friends and her father were out having fun I had to stay home and take care of her
    - Was the Father of the child supportive? How did he support his family? no, he walked out when I was preg.
    - Did you work during pregnancy? No, I was on bedrest but I went to school online
    - How soon after labor did you begin working again? 2 weeks later I went back to school
    - Did you go to school during pregnancy? Did you drop out, graduate or get did you get your GED? I got preg at the end of HS, I graduated
    - Did you enroll in College? yes
    - If so, what did you decide to major in? Did you stick to it? nursing, no, now im paralegal studies
    - Do you have more children now? Not yet,
    - Do you feel like you've been able to live up to your full potential despite having a child so young?different
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• 1) Yes, when you have children your life changes
    2) I lost a lot of friendsby being in denial
    3)No, not in the beginning. He had a gf and didn't want to tell her about the pregnancy so he didn't talk to me for 4 months. His family didn't find out until I was 7 months pregnant
    4)Yes, I was a full time student
    5)I was a student up until the day before I went into the hospital
    6)I was back at school the following week
    7)I didn't get pregnant unti right after I graduated highschool. I go to college now
    8)Yes, i'm still in it
    9)Psychology and yes I am sticking with it until I get my PhD
    10)No, not yet. I don't want another one until I am out of school
    11)I am working up to my full potential. I am stretching myself to the limit to give my son the best possible life he could have. My parents and his parents are very supportive of me going to school. I intend on not making myself anymore of a statistic then I already am.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 11:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010