What childrens story do you love/hate?

My DD pretty much loves all her books she literally has hundreds so we read different ones all the time. She really loves Ballet Kitty and The Velveteen Rabbit. I do not like the pinkilicious/purpilicious books though. The main character is rude and never says please or thank you. Do you have any books you just love or maybe do not and why?

daisysrdeadly

Asked by daisysrdeadly at 9:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've never liked Alice in Wonderland.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I can't stand Alice in Wonderland. It scared as a child "off with her head"..bleck!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have to agree to Alice in Wonderland too, it was just was to weird to me when I was young. Still not a huge fan to this day.
    daisysrdeadly

Comment by daisysrdeadly (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I cannot stand anything Dr. Seuss. All that rhyme-y rhyme-y match-y crappy singsong-y stuff. Drives me nuts!
    Also, my friend gave my son the book The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat, and although the kids like it, I can't stand it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I hate "Bambi" It scared the crap out of me as a kid. The movie only made it worse.
    nicki.hemingway

Answer by nicki.hemingway at 9:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'll Love You Forever is an adorable little book. (you really need to read it out loud mom)
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 9:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Mommy mine and the Llama llama books are my favorites. I can't think of any I don't like, though some of the Dr. Seuss books drive me nuts. (The Lorax is still one of my favs!)
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I hate the Ugly Duckling. Just awful!
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I still love the poky little puppy
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I love Eric Carle's books - especially The Very Hungry Caterpillar. And maybe it's because I'm an elementary school teacher, but I also love Dr. Seuss. And my most recent favs are the Skippy Jon Jones books. However, I don't like Disney movie books. The movies, in that case, are better.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2010