Went blind for a few minutes and now have a severe headache

I went blind for a few minutes (partial blind). Not a blackout but a moving crystal with wavy lines. It moved all over my sight, including straight forward. After this, I forgot everything that I was doing. I drank some water, but got sick to my stomach. I ate some cheetos from the office vending machine. I can think now, but I have a terrible headache. I am not pregnant (I haven't been in a relationship for a year and a half).

I didn't pass out but just went blind and forgot everything. What happened to me?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 9:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• That sounds like an aura to a typical migraine. That is exactly how mine onset. However, it could be a blood pressure problem or something else more serious. If you have never had this before you should go to the ER.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think You need to go to the emergency room.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It is a possible stroke it maybe a slight one I would go to the hospital if I were you
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Oh yeah, and have someone else drive you there.
    Namaste17

• Thank you everyone. GrnEyedGrandma, are an angel (a very intelligent one). I will go to the hospital now.
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I don't know, but I think you need to go the emergency room.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You need to see a doctor.  Stroke Warning Signs

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You just explained every one of my migraines. You get an aura in your vision as the blood vessels in your head constrict. Then they open rapidly and you vision clears but then you get the blinding, nauseating headache. The next time your vision starts spotting, immediately take some ibuprofen and drink a soda or some coffee. Ibuprofen and caffeine help a lot.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It could be a simple (horrendous but simple) as a migraine or something much worse. Go to the ER just to be safe! Let us know what happens.

♥hugs♥
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You can actually have strokes in your eyes....and they can cause blindness. Go get checked out!
    mom2ben

Answer by mom2ben at 9:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010