Is she too attached???

I am a stay at home mom of a 4 month old. She has suddenly developed her own personality, but she has also started acting very attached to me. I seem to be the ony one who can soothe her, she screams when my husband baths her or I leave her with him, she smiles at other people and laughs but if they hold her she reaches for me and has a terrified look on her face (although she seems to do better with women). She has also started fussing when I leave the room even for a second! I don't want to end up with "that child"...the one who cries for 3 hrs. straight when I drop her off at Preschool.

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't worry. My dd was like this as a baby. I wore her for almost the whole first year. I didn't mind though, in fact I miss it. She is five now and my most affectionate child.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think most young babies love there mommies the best! I know my kids were that way and now they are fine going by others and they are 8,4, and 2
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Small infants cannot get "too attached" to their mothers. This is totally normal. In fact, many pediatricians and child behavior specialists are showing research that suggests children who are allowed to form strong attachments to their parents are much more confident and independent adults.

One day she'll be a little independent person who doesn't want to hang out with you. Enjoy it while it lasts!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Preschool? Damn lady, she's only 4 months old! Why are you worrying about what she'll be like in 4-5 years?

Enjoy her NOW. My dd is 2.5 and she's a bit clingy, and I'm enjoying every minute. She's supposed to be clingy.
    Anonymous

• She's perfect.The ones who do this become the ones who run away from you and to the sand table first thing at preschool. The ones who cling at preschool are the ones who were "encouraged" to be independent too soon. Relax. She's PERFECT.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think shes' too young for you worry, embrace your little one as she is so new to the world. I know it's hard but it won't be forever. soon you'll be chasing her around trying to get some cuddles..
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010