Do you give your family or s/o a List of presents you would like?

For Holiday or Birthday?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. Gifts are for children only in our world. The rest get a card and a birthday cake only...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We have ongoing Amazon Wish lists that we keep up to date all year long. That way no matter why or who could be purchasing gifts for us, they know what we need or want...

I have one for me, one for my DH and one for the kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yup, my hubby told me to make him one so he would get what I want. I like it like that.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Heck yes. I drop "not so subtle hints" (like e-mails and post it notes) to my husband for a couple months before any big holiday. He knows I love gifts and he loves shopping.
    As for my parents, they ask what I want and I tell them.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, my brother made an online "wish list" for our family. We each have our own login name and password to post items to our list, then others can come online and "tag" the item they are buying for us but we can't see when someone has tagged it so it's still a surprise. Everyone gets things they want and there are no duplicates!

Answer by missanc at 9:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No, how silly...I enjoy watching the kids open things. I could care less if all I get is a pack of socks...lol. Actually I need them.

But adults who worry too much about their own gifts are immature....sorry....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My family has never done such a thing but my crazy in laws are all about it. You should see the list I got from them this year. Seriously, over $150 worth of stuff for each of them. And, the list was so detailed...my FIL actually listed a 6 pack of crew socks with padded toe and heel. They have been nagging me and DH for a list for a month now. DH finally made them an online registry to a hunting store and I just told them if they were that worried about getting me something they could get me a gift card somewhere. I'd LOVE to just tell them I don't want a damn thing from them. They also made me make a registry of gifts for my kids so that they knew exactly what to get them. My hubby and I usually give each other a good idea of what we would like, but not exact details...like he knows I love my charm bracelet so he can't go wrong getting me a new charm. I know he likes hunting so I can't go wrong in the outdoor store.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• no
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 3:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2010