Would you say you have moral integrity?

I mean seeing all the stupid stuff going on in the media do you stand up for the right thing? Really I am guessing that no one will say nope...

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, of course...who thinks they stand up for the wrong thing?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• the issue is--not everyone agrees on what the right thing is
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Not sure what you mean about the media part, but I am having a Les Miserables moment in my life right now. I am a very moral person. Possibly to a fault. My child a serious medical condition. Insurance isn't going to cover the care he needs, but if he were on Medicaid it would be covered, which we currently do not financial qualify for by a very small margin. So.... do you do what you have to do to qualify even if its not moral? Do you steal the loaf of bread to feed your family?
    Anonymous

• What an interesting question. I will say that I always have felt I have moral integrity. When I was younger I used my religion to lead my feeling of what was right and wrong. As I have gotten older I have moved away from the church, but I feel I have more moral integrity now then I did when I was blindly following a church. Now my integrity is wholly determined by using my mind and thinking things through. If there is a question about integrity I look at how I would feel in whatever situation and let that be my guide. I guess I would say my integrity is now more intuition based.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Well I may not always have perfect morals but I won't steal, cheat or lie. I have integrity because I've helped others without the need for recognition, I do it for my own personal satisfaction and because the world is a crappy place for many. Why not make it better even if they will never know who the good deed came from?
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 10:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Deep question as I'm looking more to define it.  Moral Integrity 

I do try to strive for it a day at a time.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I try....
    I have a conscience that is always reminding me of the right thing to do. I have been morally pretty strict with myself. I can't lie,cheat,steal . I know that if I do something wrong and nobody knows,I will still know I did something wrong and I would not be able to live with mysef...so I avoid doing wrong things. In other words, I question myself and question my motives and strive to be honest and be kind.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Looks like a troll came by and down voted... Hmmm, waste of a vote if you ask me.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 10:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Moral integrity is in the eye of the beholder. What one person thinks is moral, another will not.
    I like to think I have strong moral integrity.. .Not harming others, helping those in need, not lying, having an open mind, etc..
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• YES! I have a very strict code of morals and ethics that I have always lived by, and they have served me well--even in desperate times.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010