Seriously are people really against the "planned parenthood" companies?

I keep hearing crap about how they push abortions. Have we discussed this for over a decade? Is this going to be a hot button issue for the rest of my life?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I use to go to Planed Parenthood and they never pushed abortions on me!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yeppers. People who say that Planned Parenthood pushes abortions has obviously never gone to a PP clinic for anything nor have they ever tried to have access to abortion serviced.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have been to planned parenthood and they DO offer referral for abortion services, but FIRST the offer counsiling and they also have referrals for adoption services and counciling for that. All they do is not judge women who come in looking for abortions, give them their options, offer them emotional support no matter what they choose and help them on their way to whatever their path entails. But that's not acceptable to those who view abortion as murder. In their eyes PP should be doing everything they can to keep women pregnant.

In my opinion, planned parenthood is FAR from pushing abortions and focus 95% of their funding and manpower on prevention and sexual health, then probably another 3% on adoption and 2% or less on abortions.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Planned parenthood provided me with prenatal care for my first child...they never said the word abortion to me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Oh so what your saying is this is just the liberal spin on it? Thank you very much. Love you guys.
    mmmegan38

Comment by mmmegan38 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I found out I was pregnant at a PP- they never once brought up abortion.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No, that is not the liberal spin on it. It is the conservative spin on PP, making it seem like an evil organization that forces women to terminate pregnancies when that is far from the truth.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I took preg test there--never mentioned it
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Planned Parenthood confirmed my pregnancy at 20 with my son. I was down at college at the time. Actually I remember the woman calling me in the room, telling me what my due date was, and saying Congratulations! Not once was anything said about abortion and nothing was given to me about it. I was thankful that I could go there and have it confirmed without having to go to my regular doctor and my parents finding out before I was ready to tell them. I am Pro-life and I think people that blame Planned Parenthood for women getting abortions are misunderstanding the fact that ultimately it is the woman that decides to abort or not abort. No one at Planned Parenthood holds a gun to her head and tells her what to do. So if you want to be upset with someone, you need to be upset with the woman that chooses to abort. Not the place that gave her the address of an abortion clinic.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, there will always be people who prefer ignorance to truth...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010