How am I going to do Thanksgiving on a diet??

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• On holidays, I cut myself a little slack. I'm pretty good about sticking with eating healthy all the rest of the time, including bypassing birthday cake, etc but on Thanksgiving and Christmas, I indulge a bit. Just don't overdo it and eat more than you really need or want, but allow yourself to have a serving of everything you really like, including one serving of dessert. As long as you are diligent about not "splurging" too often, a couple of times a year won't hurt you at all. Happy Thanksgiving!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Dont. If you really have too then have a little of everything, but I personally think you shouldn't. Have fun, diet on Christmas...lol.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Drink water most of the day instead of soda or wine (or whatever it is you usually have.) If you tell yourself something is off limits, you'll set yourself up for a binge attack later. Choose a smaller plate. It fills up faster with less food. If you like all the food planned, take just a taste of everything. Take the time to savor the food. It takes about 20 minutes for the body to register that you're no longer hungry. Have seconds if you wish, but give it a few minutes first. Then decide if you still want that second helping of stuffing. Encourage some of the others to take a walk instead of curling up in the barca lounger for a mid day snooze. And if you do over do it, don't beat yourself up over it. Just acknowledge you overdid it and get back on track with breakfast the next morning.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2010