do u think someone needs to be taught about femanine hygiene or is it just common sense?? adult content

I was never taught that I can remember, it just makes sense to wash and maintain as well as any other body part.
But I know someone who was supposedly never taught, she stinks! aparently so bad she had to go home from college because she smelled like fish so bad everyone around her was complaining. Then her boyfriend taught her what to do.... REALLY? is this necessary! Can you NOT smell the big fish stank that is your coochie?? Shes in her mid- 20s

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 9:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• Depends on their up bringing and who they had as a role model. Sad but true some are not taught.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It would seem like common sense to me........! I mean, you take a shower and wash yourself, ALL of yourself, lol. The only thing I can think is her parents made it shameful to think/touch the genital area and she was afraid.....?
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You don't need to be "taught" by a mother or sister or friend. You just need to have common sense and access to soap and water.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The only thing I was ever "taught" was that you wash down there when you take a shower...just like you wash every other part of your body. And that was told to me when I was little and probably just starting to take showers by myself. I agree with you I didn't know that was something that needed to be mentioned. Its common sense.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The genital area really requires very little washing. Soap is irritating and is a cause of many UTIs and vaginal infections. Warm water is all that is needed 70% of the time (using soap only rarely). If she stank that bad it was because of infections, not because of hygene.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I agree it should be common sense but as we know not everyone has common sense, not to be mean but true
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think that is sad. I will say this, some soaps can be irritating and make things worse. Maybe she needs a lesson in using a better soap? Sent home? Shocking.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I was thinking that she might have some kind of issue that makes her stink a little more than most people...disease, infection, excess BO, etc. I mean if she showers she shouldn't smell THAT bad even if she doesn't actually wash down there.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Of course it has to be taught... Children aren't born knowing how to properly wash themselves... The same goes for feminine hygiene.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Hygiene is taught, the American standard of Hygiene is different from Asian, which is different from South American, which is different from Africa. Hygiene is taught, you learn it from experiences and usually directly from parents and peers.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2010