Does and anybody have or had a verbally abusive parent?

My father likes to control a situation and people. He doesn't believe my son should see his father because my sons father didn't treat me good. So, I'm at his house (my fathers house) and I mention that my son is going to see his father sunday, which he sees every sunday for about 3hrs. My dad flipped, called me a dum stupid women for allowing this guy to see my son. I'm like those stupid women with no common sense. Even though my sons father is actually really great with him. I left and said dont talk to me like that in front of my child, you need to control yourself. My dad has always been that way.

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• my dad was same way, good for you for standing up to him.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My Mom was like that too. I understand
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Been there kinda, not the same situation.

But I do understand the parent thing and then some.
    PLZ come by my profile and mail me ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• in my house it was my mom ,she didn't like my voice i was not aloud to talk,when i was two yr old i was called slut,tramp and i will be nothing no man would want me because i am ugly ,when i grew up i always new i was speacial but to my mom i was still ugly,as i grew up my job was to be maid to her and my sisters they where to do nothing but watch me do it all,my dad never said a word,when became adult i only hope was to get out house fast now she was throwing cast iron pans at me i ducked alot ,on my wedding day she said was not good enough for my hubby that i should stay home and watch her die,i told if i did that she would die today ,when my kids came along she stared on them ,i took her aside one day if you ever do this to them what she done to me i will make sure that to day would be her last day she shut up after that ,before my dad died he ask why i stop coming over i said because of you and mom she hurt me ever day of
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• young life i can not have her in theirs and you failed to be my father the moment she open her mouth you where take care of me i lived with monster and you aloud her to beat me every day of my life
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My mother was very verbally and physically abusive and yet I am the total opposite. I am quiet yet firm and never use violence to discipline my children and they are well rounded and positive young teens!

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• DH's parent were very verbally abusive to each other and to him. It's terrible!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes,tho' I have not revealed it to anyone but my father's abusive words against me haunt me even 2day tho' they were spoken10-15 years ago.I really feel bad & worthless when it happens
    A11

Answer by A11 at 2:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i'm from a broken homes and sad to say i also felt that way before,i just give it all up to GOD
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 2:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Although your father probably has you & your son's best interest at heart, it is imperative that he show you some respect! I would let him know that if he can't control his temper and speak to you in a respectful way, then you won't be visiting him anymore. And then, stick to it!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2010