Does anyone know the risk of having another preemie after having a preemie??

My second daughter was born at 33 weeks 6 days(she is doing just great). I am know 24 weeks pregnant with #3 and am worried about preterm labor with this one. The reason I had my second daughter early was because my water broke(premature, premature rupture of membranes--pprom) I cant find any percentages of this happening again???anyone know??

ProudMama4ever

Asked by ProudMama4ever at 10:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it all depends on the reason why you went into premature labor in the first place. Although I thought I remember hearing that your risk is a little higher if you've had a preemie already. However I'm sure your doctors will be monitoring you more closely this time to make sure that they can stop or avoid another premature labor if it were to happen. Good luck!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Ash is correct-it depends on the reason-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Depends on the reason. If you get pregnant within a year of having a preemie, your chances are alot higher.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010