Splenda

My Dad is diabetic and I found some great recipies on the ADA website but they all use Equal. I would like to substitute Splenda instead but am not sure on the equivalent. Their website wasn't helpful and I didn't get an answer via email. Anyone have an idea??

connorsmom1970

Asked by connorsmom1970 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You may have to figure out equals equivalence to sugar and then use that amount to find out the equivalence to splenda- seems tricky, I'm sure there must be an easier way out there somewhere!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Look on the Splenda website. Not sure how it goes with Equal but with regular sugar, it is equal amounts. For example, 1 teaspoon of sugar = 1 teaspoon of Splenda.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• With Splenda you don't have to have special recipes, just use your regular ones and where it calls for sugar, use an equal amount of sugar. Tastes better than the ones with equal.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Be aware that Splenda is CHLORINATED sugar; yes, it has no calories but it is by no means a healthy substitute.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010