Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Father's rights??

Ok this is complicated...the father of my son is sprung on the fact that my son is not his and refuses to to give me any of his information so I can put him on our son's birth certificate. And he wants a paternity test, and then if Chris is his then he wants to put his name on it. Is that possible can you modify a birth certificate at a later time??


Asked by LiLJeni at 10:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 30 (44,491 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • yeah it's a bit of paper work but not too hard

    Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

  • Yes, you can. Get the DNA test so he will have to pay you child support.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

  • I'd take the DNA test and file for child support and then worry about the birth certificate.

    Answer by skittles1108 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

  • Of course you can change a birth certificate anytime.

    Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

  • yep I did , well the courts did after DNA,,

    Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

  • You can't even have him on there without his "permission"..that's what happened to me..
    And yes you can get that fix later on if he decides to cooperate.

    Answer by youngmm at 11:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

  • If you are not married he has to be present to sign the birth certificate as well as an affidavit of paternity. My ex signed both no problem, and then when child support got on him, he made the excuse that he didn't think my son was his so they gave him a DNA test.

    Answer by heatherann0221 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010