How do you cheer yourself up after a really tough disapointment?

I am in need of some genuine ideas.

I have been working toward a goal for several months. Sacrificing so much only to have it taken away today. Nothing I can do to change the circumstances...I just have to accept it and move forward. BUT I am super sad...and want ideas to turn it around.

SFerber

Asked by SFerber at 10:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go out for a greazy bar cheeseburger and a margarita with a friend. Always cheers me up.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Think positive Keep your chin up and ask God for guidance. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• If I have a few bucks, I go buy a new movie or grab one off the shelf and pick up a pint of ice cream. I have no friends or family though nor a baby sitter. So if I could I would nab a friend and go for dinner and a few drinks.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I go to the bookstore and buy 3 books....don't know why, but I always end up with 3
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Just know that everything happens for a reason. God has a plan for everyone. Make the best of what you have. :-)

Best Wishes!

www.ErikaCarrillo.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You'll go through all the stages of mourning. And, that's Ok, just don't stay down in the dumps too long. Talk about it with people you trust. Make new goals or try a new hobby. Write about your experience.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Really good food and my DH
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas keep them coming.

I do not have a hubby or sig other, nor can I do the cheering by spending any money.
    SFerber

Comment by SFerber (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• First, allow yourself time to be sad and disappointed. If you try to stuff these feelings they will bite you later. Then, search your heart and soul for ways of making this happen only a different way or at a different time...or, think of something else that you truly want and try to make it happen...just keep keeping on. The failure is not in the falling down, but rather in the not getting back up. GL
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010