Rash on 2yr. old cheeks?

My son developed a slight rash on his cheeks while he had a cold about a week or so ago. He has gotten this before when he got a cold last year around this same time actually, I think it's the change of weather here in MD that caused it. Anyway his cold seems to have run it's course and his nose is no longer running constantly LOL!! He got that same rash on his cheeks last year but it went away. This time it seems to be hanging on and has dry bumps on it. I put "Triple Cream" on his cheeks a couple times a day since I noticed the rash while he was sick and his skin is moisturized very well. I noticed the same type of rash on his arm today when I was bathing him, any ideas?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• my skin gets dried red & itchy when the weather changes. I put udder cream on it & it helps
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 18, 2010

• may be eczema
    hydrocortisone cream
    Amanda_82

Answer by Amanda_82 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would try to avoid using a lot of soap when you bathe him. My daughter had eczema and using Aquaphor cleared it up. No lotion, just dries them out more.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• well, i did look at a bunch on baby and adult skin rash pics online before I even came here and posted this and there was am eczema pic that looked rather similar to what he has. Either way, I plan to have his pedi. look at it in the next couple days. I was just curious what others mam'a's would say or suggest. thanks Amanda 82
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i will try that kbakeman, I actually have a couple sample bottles of Aquaphor wash and cream that I sent for while I was prego.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• or no, it's not a cream.... I think it's more of an ointment.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My daughter also develops a rash on her cheeks and around her mouth when she's sick. Its probably a viral rash. It isn't harmful and will go away as the virus goes away. I hope she feels better soon.
    mommymeof3

Answer by mommymeof3 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• HE!!!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Could just be a rash or maybe dry skin.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have seen that in stores and as a collector of cow stuff and cow print items, I noticed it immediately! But it's kind of expensive and we are consistently on limited budget in my world. I will keep that in mind though!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2010