To My SAHM's-Do you ever feel like your are drowning or juggling too many balls?

I am a new SAHM and I just had a baby 12 weeks ago. I sometimes feel like I am drowning and overwhelmed with the tasks I need/want to get done each day. ie paying bills, cleaning, laundry, errands, playgroups and taking care of a 2.5 (who thinks he knows it all and is going thru one of those stages!) and a 12 week old (who cries almost all day long!). Sorry I guess I am venting but it's been one of those days!

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 11:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, it can feel that way....it will be okay... :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i hear ya girl! thats why i drink a glass of wine every night :)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• lol @Purpul. Do you guys always finish all ur tasks each day? And how the heck can we clean up a room and 5 minutes later a person not even 4 feet tall can tear it up in minutes? lol people keep saying dont worry about the housework u just had a baby blah blah blah. i can't stand it! lol
    anxious1stimer

Comment by anxious1stimer (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Only every day at first when I was brand new to motherhood. It got better as my first got a little older. Then we decided to have one more. The difference this time is I don't have those insane days all the time. I have very busy days with the kids, house, and my schoolwork but I know this time what matters for us and what does not. If some of the chores take longer, they just do. If I can't fold that load of laundry today, I'll get to it tomorrow. It helps to find some time and some little thing to do for you. Mine is when my kids are asleep.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• NOPE, never felt that way at all! A lot of moms choose to make themselves so busy and than they complain about it. Simple solution, choose not to do certain things every day. People often forget the basic fact that, EVERYTHING they do is a choice! Nothing HAS to be done by any certain time or date unless you choose for it to be.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I feel that way every Monday when I babysit my sister's 7 month old daughter and I have my 17 month old too. At the end of the day I'm DONE and I still have to clean and cook and so on! I couldn't imagine doing it everyday... I'm sure it'll get easier as both children get older :)

BTW SAHM's don't have choices with most daily duties ... are we suppose to have a dirty house, starving kids, not pay our bills, and no clean clothes?
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Kaylan-my thoughts exactly. I do not agree that we have choices. Unless u want things to spiral downward. Very good point!
    anxious1stimer

Comment by anxious1stimer (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I've got 4 kids and a deployed hubby, i get that feeling often. at first i really tried that stay busy all the time approach, and it didnt go well, so now i make sure i have at least one day a week were we have leftovers for dinner and i dont clean (well except for the dishes and maybe 1 load of laundry) otherwise i sit around we play and while they are napping or resting i read or play a game. 2 of mine go to school, but during the summer all 4 were home so making sure i had one day was real important. also look for little ways to have a break, like if your local mall has a smal play area, go when it isnt crowded (midweek mornings work) and just let your 2yr old play and keep the baby in the carrier, just sit and watch your child play, that way your not at home looking at your stuff and thinking of all the stuff that needs to get done.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• sweetie, you will learn how to do it all, it just takes time!We have our 5th child on the way 7,4,3,1 and due in january, I am a neat freak, PTA, soccer mom, ballet mom, scouts, army wife, which makes for alot of events to help with, and I am an avid gardener! I am always goin, and just recently have I gotten in a great pattern! Good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Sure do! Yesterday in fact...I took all of mine (3) to the allergist and waited for an hour and a half...that was the beginning! I am geared for it NOT happening today when I am watching my friends 3 and 2 yr olds along with my 4 and 2 yr old~
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010