Is there anyone out that have recently quit smoking?

I am looking for some ideas on what you have done to keep yourself from thinking about cigarettes.

hodgkinrus6

Asked by hodgkinrus6 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• I chew gum. I had certain craving times and would poop a piece of gum or take a coke with me. Text or something to keep your hands occupied too.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Workout! When you are running or doing something that requires heavy breathing you won't think about smoking, Also, it will get better!!! I couldn't even watch a tv show and keep up with what was going on when I first quit. As time goes by you will think about them less. Find something else you can obsess over, like working out. I also kept my ciggs in my purse with me for the first 2 weeks, just to remind myself it was a choice to quit and I was choosing not to reach into my purse and smoke them. It made me feel proud that they were there but I wasn't using them. Good luck!! You can do it. I haven't smoked in 3 yearsand I never think about them anymore. You will get there too!!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2010