am i having a stroke?

I am 29 weeks pregnant. I get random tingling in small places on my face. Today its the left tip of my nose. I thought just pinched nerves but someone suggested stroke signs?? Omg really?? Im too scared to call my dr. Please help!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 11:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Too scared to call your doctor? Really? You have a baby to responsible for, so time for an attitude change number one. And I don't know much about it but I thought strokes came on more suddenly over a span of days. Pregnancy does all kinds of weird things to your body, most of it is harmless and will go away after baby is born, but you should call your doctor just to be safe.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Please call the doctor we can't help you since we are not experts. Then you can ease your mnd for sue when you have a positive diagnoses. CALL THE DOCTOR!!!!!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• call the doctors office, seak to the nurse
    most likely more weird things that happen during pregnancy
    but call the office
    ease your mind
    maybe they will ask you to come in, but mostlikely a nurse will tell you that it is normal, and what to look for that is not normal

feel better, ease your mind and make the call
    they get alot of phone calls about much less than this
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• no I hope not,, cause my nose has been numb too ,,, don't look it up on line,, that's worse what they tell you... either pinched nerve or anxiety. thats what i think.... dont feel bad i have not called doc either

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• if you're having a stroke you most likely will lose feeling in an entire limb and an entire side of your face... plus you will probably lose consciousness... and if it keeps happening randomly over a few days then you are not having a stroke... most likely pinched nerves.
    CariBou11

Answer by CariBou11 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would doubt that it is stroke but you shouldn't be too scared to know the answer. You need to find answers and not let it go. I would lean towards a nerve. I had the front part of my thigh go numb while I was pregnant with my third for about 5 months. It was crazy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I mean NOT over a span of days!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sounds more like Bell's Palsy. My sister had this with 2 of her 4 pregnancies. Oh, I had a stroke in 2006 and it didn't start with tingling in my face....It began with me sluring my words and a horrible headache. Google Bell's palsy and check out the symptoms...Good Luck!!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Thanks for easing my mind. I don't wanna call my dr and sound paniced and over sensative like im crazy. I have my gd testing tmrw follwed by a check up and I will talk to him then and double check. Thanks again!
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• well its true
    Anonymous