Am I the only one who feels jealous when my kids give other people attention?

I don't feel that way all the time but sometimes when they are hugging and playing with other adults, especially people they hardly know, I feel jealous and sad. How do I stop being so insecure about my relationship with my kids and stop being jealous. I am not jealous or insecure about anything else in my life!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think I feel more proud when they show an interest in others.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'm sure you're not the only one. But I can't say I have ever felt that way...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• On the other hand you would hate it if they just clung to you. You would worry about their social skills and why they where so shy. Sounds like you are raising some wonderful, socially active kids...something to be very proud of. What gets me, Im divorced and there have been a few times when Ive been transferring the kids to dad. My dd will have this total attitude with me, and then in the next second be all smiles for dad. Now that drives me nuts! lol

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You have taught them to be loving, fun, people. They love and need you more than anyone else. You need to be secure in knowing that.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I am the exact same way. I can not stop feeling like that for life of me. I feel like I am being rejected. It is a very insecure feeling and I do not like feeling that way and I know in my head that its not a logical feeling. I mean cause I feel that I am very good mother. I do things to the best of my ability and I love my child with all my heart but I can not make my heart realize that for some reason. Maybe I can get some answers as well. If you ever wanna talk to someone add me :)! Maybe we can get through this together!
    mommakoehler88

Answer by mommakoehler88 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010