s/o on gay questions

I wonder how many against gay marriage / gay rights are divorced? Remarried? Divorce except in cases of adultery is a sin, as is remarrying. It says if you divorce and remarry you are commuting adultery. No one is fighting against people getting remarried. Why the fight against gay marriage? I am a christian, my dad is the pastor of my church. But I still believe in giving everyone their freedom. If you believe something is a sin, you try not to do it. But we are all sinners. That is a given. It's not my job to judge others life. My religion is against drinking alcohol. It's legal. But I don't drink. It's not right for ME. But I don't expect the government to ban alcohol just because I'm against it.

MissAlisabeth

Asked by MissAlisabeth at 11:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Religious Debate

• "for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

This is my personal belief, no one is perfect. Gay marriage is not for me, but it's not my place to judge you if it is the path you choose. I'm not going to show up at your wedding with picket signs, but I'm not going to fight to get you that right either.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Civil rights should never ever be put up for a vote.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• why the fight against gay marriage, you ask? well, ignorance is the answer. Many human beings fight and disparage that which they do not understand. It is pretty sad actually.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You know what is so "Sad" here, all of these ppl using THEIR religion as an excuse to strip another persons
    rights away, bc THEY have the right to vote.... WOW! Just WOW!!!
    Bc you have the right too vote, doesn't mean IT"S the RIGHT vote to make....taking away rights of others bc YOUR religion
    says it's bad is wrong... I would be haunted to know that I was a part of taking away the rights of another since their life
    style DOESN'T even involve me or my family lives...
    A persons Civil Rights should NEVER be voted against ....

Human Beings are Human Beings no matter their color, creed, background, sex, sexual orientation or religious beliefs and
    ALL deserve to live THEIR lives as they wish without another trying to strip it from them and telling them what they can and
    can not do and then hide behind religion...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• What does the s/o stand for?

I think drug abuse is cut and dry. black and white. Divorce is not, nor is homosexuality. Hope you find your answers.
    Anonymous

• You can sit and do nothing about alcohol if you choose. But we vote in this country and have the freedom and right to speak out about what we believe in, and vote for our causes.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I agree!! And txdaniella, fighting for and speaking up for what you believe is admirable, but only when you aren't hurting other people in the process.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• LOL @ Tracy, you're not a hypocrite? Really? When you went against what "the lord" and "the bible" say? You can go against the sanctity of marriage but two men or two women can't legally unify their love? Please.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Op.. I like you! Awesome question.. :)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Scout mom I can respect that if you feel it is wrong it is not something you would fight for. Most of us see it as wrong to make it a voteable issues anyway. I would never ask anyone to vote for or fight for gay rights if you thought it was wrong. I would however ask that you don't vote against their rights and don't fight against them as humans either.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2010