Do you know that...

approximately 85% of men cheat; women 47%. Of the men that cheat only about 53% get caught or spill the beans. Any man is capable of it. With this said, why are there still women in here that will say "my husband would NEVER cheat". What makes you so sure?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• That's funny. I think the same thing and have to laugh when I hear women say that. I'm sure that there are some husbands out there that are perfectly happy in their marriages & have never cheated on their wives, but I think that given the perfect opportunity with a guarantee of no adverse reactions anyone would cheat. That being said - I don't trust my husband any further than I can throw him, but I have to have faith that we love each other and can deal with whatever comes our way. I'd drive myeslf bonkers with jealousy if I thought any other way.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 12:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• What makes you so sure someone didnt make those numbers up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Why are you trying to bring down those of whom have faith in and trust their husbands?
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Because sometimes people have a secure marriage. You sound sour about something.. If you got cheated on, of course it sucks, but you don't need to try to rain on everyone elses parade! Marriage takes three: God, you and DH. Honestly I think this question is an outrage, and VERY unmotivating for newlyweds.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Do you know 54% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
    Anonymous

• the same reason i know i will not cheat there are some of us with honor and leaving is more to that code then cheating.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• "cheat" or have "affairs"? ... there is a big difference it's called marriage.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know because I have SEEN women throw themselves at my fiance, one girl even tried to rip his pants off in front of me (to be fair they were those stupid button up work out pants with the buttons all up the side but still). I have seen them flirt and batt their eyelashes. One married woman (co worker) even asked (text) my fiance to come over and watch movies with her and asked what he wanted for breakfast.... while her husband was out of town. But I have also seen him take these women aside, invite me into their circle of conversation and tell them that their behavior was inappropriate, tell them how he feels about me and that he doesn't appreciate their advances. The married woman he also included her husband in on the conversation ( it got smoothed over and they went to counciling and are still married... my fiance even found them a therapist). I know because when I walk in a room his eyes light up, and he SEES ME. TG & MD!
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 12:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Regardless of the sex; men and women are presented the opportunity to cheat! Now whether they act on it is another story. I believe people cheat because 1) they themselves do not have a sense of self-worth and 2) they do not feel appreciated, respected and loved by their partner. Cheating is a 2-way street, takes 2 to tango and really shouldn't catch anyone of guard. There are always signs of cheating on the horizon if you peel back the relationship onion. People only stray, wander or cheat if they themselves aren't able to be excited about their sense of self-worth, pride and self-respect. People also want to be wanted, needed and feel important, loved and respected. In todays world of go, go, go it is exciting to see families getting back to basics, buying local, spending local and surrounding themselves with good friends, family and co-workers. Material things, stuff, etc. can never replace the simple acts of kindness :-)
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well, having been married over 28 yrs. and being childhood sweethearts, I know the character of my husband and know that this is something that he would never do. Yes, it is easier nowadays to cheat, as women (as well as men) just don't care if you're married or not, they will cheat w/you regardless. Those type of people are not a temptation to my husband as he is a moral, Christian man that knows that if things aren't right w/our marriage, having an affair is not the answer. This would only create more problems. It's great having that kind of trust w/your best friend & soul mate.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2010