what do your guests eat off of at Thansgiving? Do you have enough regular place settings for all your guests? Do you break out the fine china? Do you just use disposable stuff?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• Break out the china that was given to me by my great-grandmother :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My mom breaks out the china. It all has to be washed by hand before dinner and after dinner. I wish that she would do disposables just one year. I mean there are 30 people every year. It is just too much work!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have enough plates, cups and silverware for 30 adults and about 20 kids plates. They are all nice pieces but a mix of everything. I have 4 dish sets, a blue willow, china and then a white with silver lining. I hate using disposable plates. I do paper napkins though. I usually use cloth napkins for every days use but just not enough for that many people.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I hate disposables too, but one time it would be nice. I just dread all the work involved...gah!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Depends on where we're eating. At my mom's mom's house, she has the china out, and the real silverware, the table (which is huge) is done up really nice, and everything. When my dad's mom was still able to host the meal, it was usually paper plates. My husband's grandmothers, we eat off regular everyday plates. I doubt I'll ever host the Thanksgiving meal, but if I do, it will probably be disposable. I hate doing dishes, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Depends how many are coming and where its at. Usually either Thanksgiving or Christmas the good dishes come out. If we don't have enough plates two or three families will bring theirs. If there are going to be too many people and we don't want the grandparents doing the clean-up, We have found nice disposible dishes at the Dollar Store. They look pretty and pretty nice to just throw away! LOL Hope this helps. Hey, just make it simple and easy on yourself. Especially if you're to one doing the main clean-up. If there are going to be a lot of childen, give them the paper plates and have the grown-ups use the dishes. Whatever you do, have fun. Its more important that you're having fun visiting the family/friends than stuck in the kitchen cleaning! Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We go to my MIL's for Thanksgiving and always use throw away. If we have a holiday at my mom's we use her blue transfer-ware. I have a set of neat old dishes that are hexagon shaped and have tiny yellow and purple flowers on the rims from a very sweet neighbor that was like a grandma that we use in our home (if we don't have hubby's family over, there are too many of them and his brother breaks everything he touches).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• China for us.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• my in-lawsuse regular plates..nothing special
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Break out the good china. I love seeing it, using it, and I hate disposable for a nice dinner.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010