why? TMI

I just started my period on sat. the 1st and it was very light all day.. and last night it started to get heavier. Well today im going threw a tampon every hour. I know im not having a miscarriage because I wasnt pregnant but I have never bleed this heavy before? what causes this and should i be worried plsss help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• Since it is unusual for you I'd recommend calling your gyn. If it is an emergency she will tell you what to do. If it isn't an emergency she can check you out. In fact, if it were me, I'd go to an urgent care clinic just for the peace of mind. I hope all is well.

Answer by Bmat at 5:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• did you have a baby?? I breastfeed my daughter so I didn't get my period until she was 5 months old and it was light for a day then so heavy it was crazy, I thought I was gonna die but it was just because it had been so long (a year and a half) since I had my period
    jocelynvlong

Answer by jocelynvlong at 5:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Sometimes women are having a miscarriage and mistake it for a period. In fact...you will have the period and never knew you were even pregnant.

Consult your OB/GYN if you are still concerned.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• This is how my problem started. Call your doctor. If it continue's in the months to come you may have menorrhagia. Which is heavy mentral bleeding. So other symtoms are fatigue, anemia, and horrible cramping. Call your doctor and research it on your own. I use WebMD and been researching herbal alternatives two I have found are Natural Health Practice and herbs forever inc. both on the internet. I haven't tried there products yet since I just found out yesterday. The specialist I went to thinks I should have a Hysterectomy, well I don't. Follow your gut, go to the doctor and do the reaserch.
    Teraesa

Answer by Teraesa at 5:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2008