Does it kill anyone else that READING while driving isn't illegal?

I have to see at least 2 or 3 people a day driving up the road reading - books, magazines, newspaper... Whatever... Seriously? I mean, where I live it's still legal to drive & be on the cell, and that drives me nuts too... But there really needs to be a law against reading & driving!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Holy cow!!!
    Or putting on makeup. Combing hair,using the rear view mirror. People are stupid.and irresponsible. Why aren't cops seeing these things?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Hey people can do it. I mean Martha Stewart can, that means we are all capable of it right :p
    She actually talked about how she was reading on the way to work one day on one of her shows. When someone questioned her, she said she does it all the time.

Seriously... it is insane. And should be illegal.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Cops only pay attention to frazzled mothers who drop their kids off right behind the drop off sign at school and write them a ticket for that. Why worry about real road hazards?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Wait? Did Kerp & I just agree on something??

And seriously SB, I know you're to smart to think Martha Stewart was sane! lol

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Izsarejman: No way! I got a ticket just last week for that very thing... I was livid, more cause the cop was so rude about it, but all the people double parking and parking in the crosswalk were let off.... Yeah, anyway. I feel for you. ugh. As for the main subject reading and driving is a catch 22. Kindles, books, newspapers should be illegal, but what about billboards and road signs? lol
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I guess I should say reading things INSIDE the car... Oh, and watching Movies while driving...

You know, it's sad that people don't have the common sense to just not do this stuff...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think that it should be iilegal and so should tvs that can be seen outside by others. It is so distracting to be driving and see spongebob bright flashing next to you when it's dark out.
    MysticDolphin86

Answer by MysticDolphin86 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree!!!
    mindi6103

Answer by mindi6103 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Actually it is Illegal!! At least here in California, in fact over the holidays they have been doing "stings" to stop people from "distracted driving", and they can ticket you for anything that distracts you from driving, putting on make-up, reading, even eating!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think more states need to be like CA. We don't have a law like that although we do have the no talking on phone or texting while driving. Not that anyone listens.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2010