Special privileges in school

Last week I go to pick up my nephew early from school . As I'm in the office signing him out a parent walks up behind me and asked if I was happy with the school . I told her my sister seems happy with the school and my nephew learns a lot so I would say its pretty decent . As I'm walking out front the same lady is in front of the school screaming at the principle about why cant her daughter receive more time to and from classes because of her weight it takes her longer to walk the halls . By the look on the principles face she didn't seem on board with the idea of it . I am in no way bashing over weight people or anything like that . I just wanted to ask where do we draw the line of what may be necessary or just may be a weired request from an upset parent.

But thin again what's weired to me may not be to the next person

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is ridiculous!! Even the skinniest child will take time at their locker or chatting with a friend or even texting......I'm sure cell phones are banned from class nowadays but I am also sure that they are still brought into the building. I am with the principal on this one, although I would not be surprised if it turned into a discrimination lawsuit eventually.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree w/truthteller. It shouldn't be but it most likely WILL be.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 6:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2010