who has tricare and had to switch regions?

im kind of lost on how to do it

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 12:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• You just go to the regional office in your new place and they will give you forms to fill out with PCM preferences. Some are on base, some are off base. I get seen off base and love it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have - several times. All you do is when you get to your new duty station, you go into medical and ask them where the Tricare office is (Most likely, it's somewhere in the building there, but they can be tucked down weird halls sometimes...)

Then, you go to that office and tell them that you've just moved to the area and you need to transfer your Tricare to their region. They'll walk you through the rest of the process - filling out some forms and stuff, and you're going to be asked things like if you want to be Tricare Prime, Standard, etc, but it's actually a pretty easy process :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• thank you! yea i switched regions and she emailed me papers to fill out but im just confused on what they really confused on what they need to switch
    sammyjoG

Comment by sammyjoG (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It is confusing. There's so much paperwork. It should just be the same form you had when you first enrolled. They can do everything by computer, I don't see why they can't just switch a few numbers around. Your medical record is probably electronic so your new place of care will have it already.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thanks for asking this question. We're getting ready to switch stations and I always wondered this too :)
    mommywood13

Answer by mommywood13 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2010