Contract Question. Verizon

We bought our cell phones through Alltel and reupped our contract shortly before Verizion bought them out. We never technically switched to Verizon and signed a contract with them.

When they changed did Verizon automatically get our contract? We want to cut our budget and just get trac phones, but don't want to pay an early termination fee for a company we never wanted to be with in the first place.

JenW777

Asked by JenW777 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Usually when one company buys out another, the contracts and everything get switched over. With Verizon, once your contract is up, you go on a "month by month" sort of plan - the same as whatever you had under the contract, but you can cancel it at any time. So, there's a chance that right now, that's what your plan is.

I would suggest you call Verizon and tell them that your plan was under Alltel and was switched over to them, and you were wanting to double check with them how long you have left on your contract, and go from there.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yep, Verizon not only bouht that other company - they bought all their contracts, too. So your new contract is owned by Verizon and is stil valid. You should call and find out when it is up. BTW I love my tracphone - it's perfect for me!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 6:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You need to talk to Verizon directly. Call the contact number on your bill. It might turn out that you were near the end of your contract anyway or that your contract has already expired.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yep! Welcome to Verizon! I have Verizon, but my girls were Altell...now they too are Verizon.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:42 PM on Nov. 17, 2010