Why are republicans so paranoid?

So many negative posts about Obama, trying to get people to vote republican based on half truths. What is it about Obama that makes the republicans so incredibly paranoid and fearful of some imagined apocalypse?

Madge1428

Asked by Madge1428 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• To the poster that said freedom will be taken away under a democratic president must not have tried to fly with a bottle of water, or a pair of shoes. They must not care about phone tapping, and profiling based on appearance.

candiccane

Answer by candiccane at 9:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Why is it assumed that all republicans are paranoid and trying to get people to vote any which way based on 'half-truths'? BTW, if some of the info I have read and hear from 'The One's' own mouth are even half true, it's reason enough for me to not vote for him.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Okay, maybe I should have said paranoid and cynical. Why are republicans so cynical? Why do they attack when met with someone who dares to have a different view on things? Why bully? Is that what 8 years of Bush has taught you? Sad, very sad.

The One.  Give me a break honey.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Why do I not see any Democrats calling Obama "The One"? Is he going to save us from the Matrix or something? Why is it that only Republicans call him that?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Democrats don't call him "The One" because we are not cynical narrow minded people. Republicans call him "The One" because they know they have lost, their candidate keeps changing his message and his platform so that everyone is confused and now they are on the attack because they are down in the polls. Typical republican bully's. They're mad and when a bully is mad he/she attacks.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Wow, you're a little touchy.
    I wouldn't try to sway your vote. I am sure you have legitimate reasons for choosing your candidate.
    Cynical, well, let's face it, McCain has not had a 'fair' shake when it comes to the media, but you will probably see it differently. And who is being a bully?
    And there is no need to address me as honey, as I wasn't being condescending to you.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Caitxrawks has a good point. I don't think it's fair to say that "republicans are (fill in the blank with whatever). Afterall, many Repubs are crossing party lines to vote with Dems. But...yeah, those very loud ppl, the ones spewing the outrageous, bizarre stuff- I keep wondering if they can possibly believe the things they say. Are there really that many irrational/gullible ppl voting in this election? Or, are those shouting the hateful/insane propaganda just willing to totally debase themselves in order for their "team" to win? I can't figure out which is more likely. Whatever happened  to  thoughtful, respectful debate between ppl with varying perspectives?

21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 5:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I mean, I for one know that Obama is not "The One". I have never referred to him as that and I don't know ONE SINGLE DEMOCRAT that has done so. I also know that Obama is not "The Messiah". I have also never referred to him as that.

Why to certain people keep insisting that that's who we Democrats think he is? Why aren't we allowed to have different viewpoints? Why are we "kool-aid drinkers" or "sheep" because we happen to think and feel differently? Isn't that what our country is all about? Freedom to choose to vote for whoever we want?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If we're paranoid, it's from years of abuse! Scroll up and just read your own responses. Can you see how mean, condescending and insulting you are? democrats are the meanest, most immature condescending people I have ever met, and I should know, I used to be one! My entire family is democrat, I was raised one, grew up in Chicago, BO's hometown, and I know how it goes. I have lost my relationship with my six siblings because they HATE BUSH so much and hate republicans so much. to me, people are more important than all this politic/hate stuff. But it is interesting to ponder as to how we got this way. I think it started back in Florida after we stole the election from Gore. (lol) lots of hate sprouted from that. So I would have to turn it back to you and say, why do democrats hate so much? you 'll also have your answer on why we got to be paranoid. a two-fer.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, what Anon 4:30 said. Just kidding (with the immaturity), but I do agree. There is hate and rage on both side of this election. It's too bad that there are so many people trying to bait others into an argument instead of trying to find some common ground. I guess that will have to be left until after the election.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008