To my SAHM do you feel you don't get the credit you deserve from your hubby. Do they think you have it so easy?

Sky_Mom

Asked by Sky_Mom at 12:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I think we both work hard. I think we both take each other for granted sometimes.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Kaylan... I LOVE that answer!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Me personally. I speak for me, myself, and I only.

I receive far more praise and credit than I deserve.
    My daily life is far easier than my husband's any day of the week. And I appreciate, more than I could ever express in words, the fact that he works as hard as he does in order for me to have the choice to what I want to do. (ie: stay at home).

My husband greatly appreciates me.. I greatly appreciate my husband. It's one of the things that helps to make our relationship a happy & healthy one.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My husband honestly thinks I sit on my butt all day watching tv. He never wonders how our son was potty trained (done 100% by me), he never wonders how his underwear get washed, folded and put away, he never thinks of how the toilet got all sparkling clean or how the dishes never cease to be clean. He has honestly said to me, all I have to do is sit here and make sure our son doesn't die and the house doesn't burn down, LOL! Honestly he is joking when he says it, but he really does believe that what I do is easy.

But truth be told, we could both tell each other more that we appretiate what the other does.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My hubby does give me credit for keeping up the house and the kids. Especially now since he took over everything right after our 2nd was born. He told me that he never realized how difficult it was to stay home all day and keep everything together. Since he's gone back to work after his leave he now helps me pick up all the toys at night and he washes all the dishes for me since we don't have a dishwasher.
    mindi6103

Answer by mindi6103 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My SO is actually pretty good about giving me the credit and praise I deserve. He knows that everything our DD knows, is because I work with her all day long. She is 18 months and can sing her ABCs (only missing about 7 letters), can count to ten and also knows most of her colors. He knows she doesnt just figure that out on her own LOL
    But we give each other the credit we deserve. I know he works hard for us, so I dont expect him to do any housework, besides trash and the occassional picking up of toys. I do everything else, and I like to keep my house clean for me, our DD and for my SO. It works for us.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My husband used to take my work as a SAHM for granted...until he had to be the SAHD. I went back to school a year ago for a very intensive degree in vocational nursing. School was challenging, five days a week, sometimes 12-hour days if I was on a clinical rotation, and I had tons of studying and homework every day, even weekends. My husband basically had to start from scratch, he knew nothing about cooking, meal-planning, home repairs and maintenence, and he learned quickly that the life of the stay-at-home parent was not the do-nothing paradise he'd imagined. I'll say this, he also learned quickly to ask me for help in terms of advice on good recipe websites and how to fix certain things around here. Now, his meatloaf is better than mine and the laundry is ALWAYS done beautifully, but he still has trouble remembering to do the drain and air conditioner maintenence and he can't fix the septic system, that's still on me!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I wish we could trade places for a week, not that I could do his job. He'd be begging to go back to work. Basically, he thinks I do what he does when he's home with the kids- let's them do what they want while he watches television or does the things he wants. I am a terrible housekeeper and that is a point of contention, always.
    I'm inspired to do a test. I'm going to clean up, really bust my butt, have dinner cooking when he comes home, and see if he even notices.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010