TSA Screening

How do you feel about the new TSA scanner at the airports or the new way of being "patted down" if you decline going through the scanner. I live in So. Cal and a man recorded when he was being patted down and was told they were going to be searching his groin area and they are also patting womens breasts. To me thats to much trying to pat my breasts. What are your thoughts? I understand of course the screening for safety, but is it to much?

mommywood13

Asked by mommywood13 at 1:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it is definitely too much, either the pat down or the screening. I know it is to protect us but it seems so degrading, and I can't imagine it being it pleasant for the TSA person either.
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 2:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think it is too much.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I will simulate an orgasm. That should stop him from patting me further.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 2:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think its sad that a few whack jobs have not only cost our country alot of money and effort to go to such lengths but also inconvenience so many innocent people, even our kids. Remember the days when our relatives used to be able to go with us or be waiting right at the gates?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I cannot believe liberals aren't raving over this..like they did when GWB came out with the PA.Anyway, it makes me even angrier at the terrorists.Maybe there is a way to stay pretty secure without this type of thing but something else..what does Israel do?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If the scanners don't emit too much radiation, it should not be a worry. They don't keep the scan --they look for suspicious items,then delete your scan. no big deal.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You know why we don't have many terrorist attacks in America? It's because we make it difficult to blow up our planes.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 10:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• WAY too much.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• They don't keep the scan

How do you know the person isn't keeping the scan? At our airport a TSA worker was arrested for having child porn on their computer. He was also in chat rooms for kids trying to meet up with a 12 year old boy. You can think that to make yourself feel better but you don't know they delete the image. I am sure in your case they would if they even looked at all but there are plenty of people a pervert might keep an image of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If you are wearing a skirt, get the Xray, as they do go under the skirt/dress when scanning. I have heard that grope is very uncomfortable.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2010