What side of the car

What side of the car do you prefer to have your toddlers carseat? I've heard the drivers side because most accidents happen to the passenger side. Im just curious :)

mommywood13

Asked by mommywood13 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We keep him in the middle, because he's safer from side impact on either side. If I had to choose driver or passenger, I'd go with driver, because you instinctively swerve your side away from a potential accident.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I thought about the middle and people always tell me no, but ive never seen a problem with it
    mommywood13

Comment by mommywood13 (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Safest is the middle then the passenger side.
    mindi6103

Answer by mindi6103 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Driver side!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 1:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We have one on each side and one in the middle... So it's not really an option... But when we only had one baby, he went behind the driver because there was no belt for the center.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My son sits in the middle in our car.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• we did middle, until we had 2 kids, then middle and passanger. now with a mini van its one on each side
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 2:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have one on each side. The oldest is behind me. I like the younger one where I can see her.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My 3 year old sits on the driver side. My 5 month old is on the passenger side. BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT, WE HAVE A SMALL TRUCK AND THERE REALLY IS NO "MIDDLE". We put it that way so that if something happens and I have to pull over to the side of the road and check on the baby, I'm not standing right next to where the cars are driving by.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The middle is the absolute safest if it where you can get the best install of the seat and the car allows it. Some older cars may have that hump or some other reason to not allow a car seat to be put there. If not the next safest is the passenger side. Really anywhere that you can get the best install is the safest.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010